Sunday, September 14, 2008

Vision Board and Other motivational tips and tools

I have used a vision board in the past and it worked well for me.. I would cut out a bunch of words like determination..fit..happy... healthy and then some picutres of girls that I would love to look like..I think there are good and bad things about it... I know that most of the girls I put on there..i could never look like.. but then if I put a picture of me now on there it motivates me for like a week but then a week in seeing NO change makes me wanna give up..Will I always look like that. SO I do NOT put me on my vision board... I know that a lot of people on Sparkpeople.com do .... It doesnt work for me... My goal today is to finish a new one for me... I like to put a goal meter.. like people do when they raise money they have a moneymeter well I use this for my goal... put start at the bottom with my start weight and at the top I have my goal... every 2lbs lost I fill in that much more on the meter until I reach the top..

One other method I am doing to today is I bought a 3 ring binder and I have a lot of printed out info ... workouts, diet ideas, recipes, and charts... I am going to form it into my book of me.. my journey and my tools to live by... I have so much that I am not sure it will fit into the book.. I am going to have a section to track weight, food intake, and an exercise log... What do you think about that? any ideas or tips I can use for it...?
Well I will be back later today to tell you what I did get done and what my plans are for the week
Have a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin,

First time at your blog - I came here from JohnIsFit.com.

I've never heard it called a "vision board" before, but I've been using something similar this year as I've embarked out on my own weight loss journey.

I've taken the big, yard-wide paper rolls and strung two sections of them along the walls of my bedroom where some art used to be. On them, I keep records of my weight loss goals, some measurements, quotes, dreams I have, regrets, ads, challenges - the works!

It's a HUGE aid in the mental battle for me when I get frustrated or tired or just need to pump myself up before a workout.

I was a whopping (and embarrassing) 440 pounds back in January, but today am getting close to 330 pounds. I'm proof that anybody can lose a lot of weight if they just work hard.

I'm blogging through this whole life transformation like you are. Drop on by my weight loss blog, 4XLT and check it out.

Best of luck!