Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Failures and Success

I have put on one of my blogs before... I think I found this on Sparkpeople.com but I just think that this is good... And it fits.....
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
I have hit a time in my life where I need to make some changes... Not only in my weight loss but everything... Home life.. work life... I am one of those people that if I do not see results I quit, because I do not want to fail, so if I quit then I made that choice so in my eyes I am not failing. In reality I am... I am failing myself.. I am hurting myself... I have said from day one that I am here for a LIFESTYLE change.. lets face it.. I have not done what it takes to accomplish that... I know that I looked back in almost every blog I have written so far... all I see are excuses and the promise to get back on track and not to fail again...They say that to make something a habit..do it for 28 days... Does that really work... I have lost weight in the past and felt like it was a lifestyle change it was WELL over 28 days.... That was 3 years ago and 100 lbs lighter... So what happen... I HAPPENED... I have been told lately that I am very hard on myself and yes that is true.. I put all these things on my shoulders.. I dont want to marry Adam until I lose all the weight.. I am not going to have a baby until I lose all this weight.. I am not going to be happy until I lose all of the weight... Well what can I do ..... Why am I putting all of that pressure on that one little thing... but lets face it ..Its a HUGE problem.. Being OBESE is a big deal.. It affects a lot... Health... happiness..... it can hold you back on a a lot.... but with me putting all these things on hold putting so much pressure on me is this setting myself up for failure..... How can I change my thoughts... because really... a lot of my problems are in my head.. I know that I can lose weight with diet and exercise....but I am not doing it..because my head is telling me I will never do it..... I know I can.... I know that I am going on and on... but that is me.. .always thinking about everything.... but have you noticed that in my title it says failures and success.. I have not yet mentioned anything about success.... It makes you wonder... think about everything that you have done in your life... I have done many things in the past that made me feel good... but why does that matter when I talk to people... I always go straight to the negative...???

SO HERE IT GOES.... Good things that I have done in my life that makes me Happy!

I worked in a group home for year and the guys still keep in touch with me now...
I also worked with mentally challenged adults for about a year and talk to them as well
I am a very caring person and have always helped anyone I can at any point of my life
I love my family no matter how dysfunctional they (we) are...
I have done many walks for charity..
I will help you before I help myself.

So that is just a few... but that last one is not really a good thing.. Yes it is good to help others..but the truth is if you are willing to help yourself in the long run you are hurting others you just do not see it yet....

So everyone that reads this... Lets take time everyday for just ourselves... Yes with the weight loss journey but also something mentally as well... Just get something off of your chest..Something that Adam and I do .. Is High/Low... We always talk everday and say what was the best part of our day (high) what was the worst part of the day (low) and if we could change one thing about it what would it be.... I got this from a movie.. but it has been helping us get things out that before we didnt give ourselves a chance to..
Have a wonderful day...!!!!!!!!

Kristin

5 comments:

john - from fat to fit said...

We try to do the best part/worst part when we sit down as a family at dinner, but unfortunately we don't do that often enough! What movie was it from, do you know?

2bhealthyandhappy said...

The Story of Us Michel Pfeiffer and Bruce Willis http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160916/

Amber said...

How is the weight loss going? Mine is very slow going, on the order of about a pound every 2 weeks or so, but I am happy with that. The scale is going down. I recently had surgery and I'm allowed to slowly increase my activity. Right now my only activity is chasing after my little girl and running up and down the stairs to do laundry. But I'm starting back at the Y next week doing the elliptical. Then I want to get back into jogging. I'd like to run a 5K next summer. I end by saying "keep at it" and celebrate every loss, even if its much smaller than you were hoping for. Even celebrate the weeks that you stay the same. When you have a gain, reflect on the reasons why you had the gain and take it with a grain of salt. You will have weeks that you gain and weeks that you lose regardless of how hard you work. And one more thing, I was so sad to see Jerry go on the BL! Yellow is my favorite team. Hopefully Colleen can hang in there till the end!

Karyn said...

You are so right about weight loss success being in our minds! The challenge is to learn to love ourselves NOW, the way we are today. Don't put off living until you lose weight - trust me, you'll not lose weight that way. Start living now, overweight or not - give yourself the gift of loving yourself....In my experience, it is not until you can begin to do that that you will have any success.

Focusing on the things you like about yourself is a good first step. Quit punishing yourself by denying yourself happiness because you are overweight. Get married. have babies. Love yourself enough to change one bad habit at a time, while you are living.

Karyn said...

In answer to your question about the ticker....Copy the code for the ticker you choose at TickerFactory.com.
Then, go to your blogger dashboard.
Click on Layout
Click on Add a gadget
Find the gadget titled "HTML/Java script"
Paste the ticker coad into this window
save
you will now be back at your layout
save again (I don't know if this is necessary, but I do it to be sure)
Your ticker should now be on your blog. You can go back to layouts to move it around within your template.

I'm looking forward to seeing it move!